Universal Analytics (UA) and Google Analytics 4 (GA4) are two different versions of Google’s web analytics platform.
Here are the key differences between them:
- Data Model: UA uses a session-based data model, focusing on sessions and pageviews, while GA4 uses an event-driven data model, emphasizing user interactions and events on a website or app.
- User Interface: Google Analytics 4 has a more streamlined and user-friendly interface compared to UA, offering a more intuitive experience for users.
- Data Collection: GA4 introduces new ways to track user interactions, such as scroll tracking, video engagement, and file downloads, without the need for additional customization or third-party plugins.
- Cross-platform tracking: Google Analytics 4 is designed to track both websites and mobile apps, allowing for a more unified view of user behavior across different platforms. UA, on the other hand, requires separate tracking setups for websites and apps.
- Machine Learning & AI: GA4 offers advanced machine learning capabilities, such as predictive analytics and anomaly detection, which help users identify trends and potential issues in their data.
- Privacy & Compliance: Google Analytics 4 provides enhanced privacy features, making it easier for users to comply with data protection regulations like GDPR and CCPA. It offers more control over data retention, data deletion, and user consent management.
- Reporting & Analysis: Google Analytics 4 offers more flexible and customizable reporting options compared to UA, with features like the Analysis Hub, which enables users to create custom reports and perform in-depth analyses.
- Integration with Google Ads: GA4 has improved integration with Google Ads, making it easier to track conversions and create remarketing audiences based on user behavior.
GA4 is a more advanced, flexible, and privacy-focused version of Google Analytics:
Designed to meet the evolving needs of businesses in a data-driven world. While UA is still functional, Google encourages users to adopt Google Analytics 4 for new projects and gradually transition from UA to GA4 for existing properties.
At Rooyesh, we understand that migrating from Universal Analytics to GA4 can be challenging. Our team of experts is here to ensure a seamless transition, helping you harness the full potential of GA4 without any hassle.